Angels Flight, also known as "the shortest railroad in the world," was originally constructed in 1901 to transport passengers up and down the steep incline between downtown and the fashionable Bunker Hill district for a fare of one cent. The funicular-s two counterbalanced cars, Olivet and Sinai, took exactly one minute to complete the journey.
In 1969, Angels Flight was dismantled by the city to make way for the redevelopment of Bunker Hill. The funicular remained in storage for over twenty years until its restoration and reconstruction began in 1994. On Feb 24, 1996, Angels Flight was rededicated and ready to run, half a block away from its original site.
Location: Hill Street, between 3rd and 4th Street
Hours: Daily 6am-10pm